Thank you for your interest in the Guerin Catholic High School Parent Guild!
Welcome to the Guerin Catholic Parent Guild!
Our mission is to support our students, teachers and families through a variety of events and programming. As we begin the 2022- 2023 school year, we will have many in person opportunities for you to be involved. Please use the join button above to share your contact information and become a member of the Parent Guild.
Please take a moment to look through the activities below and see what may be a good fit for you. We understand that your schedule may not allow you to volunteer at this time. If this is your situation, please consider making a donation to the Parent Guild as those funds go directly to support our students, teachers and staff.
The weekly Guerin Catholic Update e-newsletter is sent each Friday and contains the latest information, news and activities of
the entire GCHS community, including the Parent Guild. Any changes or additions to Parent Guild activities and events will be posted in the weekly Update.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to an exciting year with you.
Mrs. Leslie Webber
2022 – 2023 Guerin Catholic Parent Guild President
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES FOR PARENTS:
Trivia Night: Saturday, November 12, 2022
– Parent Guild’s largest fundraiser – “Adults Only” Event
– Event planning, set-up, check-in, raffle sales, food/beverage service, and clean-up
– Time Commitment: daytime/evening and day of event.
– Update outdoor birthday signs (Ongoing)
– Time Commitment: at your convenience
Golden Eagle Snack Stand:
– Staffs the Snack Stand from 3:10 – 4:15 pm on school days
– Time Commitment: one hour after school 1 to 2 days/month
Nest Fest (Retreat for Incoming Freshmen and Parents): Saturday, August 6, 2022
– Assist with set-up, serving and clean-up
– Time Commitment: Saturday before school starts
Admissions Hospitality & Open House
– Assists with Open House for prospective students/families (Sunday, October 9, 1-3:30 pm)
– Assist with Prospective Parent Breakfasts and Football Tailgates
– Time Commitment: primarily weekends
Provide volunteers, food, supplies, etc for GC Campus Ministry Office Events, including:
– Grade Level Spiritual Retreats
– March for Life (January)
– Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital Events
– Dominican Sisters Events
Plan, provide and assist with meal set-up, including:
– Progress Report Nights (September, January, April)
– Teacher Appreciation Lunches
– Time Commitment: early afternoon &/or drop off
– Provides variety of snacks every Tuesday for faculty and staff
– Time Commitment: drop off of items
Prom: (Saturday, April 29, 2023)
– Assist junior and senior classes with planning and coordination of prom
– Assist with ticket sales, decorations, set up and clean up
– Time Commitment: daytime, evenings, weekend of event
Homecoming (September 26-30, 2022):
– Assist with Homecoming apparel distribution, Homecoming Dance decorating/set-up and clean-up
Grandparents’ Day (October 3, 2022):
– Assists with breakfast including set-up, serving, clean-up
Winter Semi-Formal (Saturday, January 21, 2023):
– Provide snacks, desserts and water for event
Time Commitment: Mostly day of event