We are no longer accepting applications for the 2022-23 school year as all of our classes are full. Applications for 8th graders applying to the 2023-24 school year open on July 15, 2022. Families relocating to the area can contact Mrs. Jackie Bach, Director of Enrollment Management, at email@example.com for further information.
Steps to Apply to the 2023-24 School Year
Applications for the 2023-24 school will be accepted starting July 15, 2022. Completed applications, including the supporting documents, are due by December 15, 2022*. Any completed applications received after the December 15th deadline will be offered acceptance on a first-come, first-served basis pending availability in the class. Please note once the class is full, students will be placed on a waiting list.
* We anticipate a full freshman class for the Fall of 2023. Therefore, the Priority Placement Policy will be implemented on a rolling basis (by date) once application portfolios are complete. Application portfolios are considered complete when all supporting materials are submitted and the student has completed or registered for the High School Placement Test.
Application steps for students interested in attending Guerin Catholic for the 2023-2024 school year (Class of 2027)
1. Click here to create a parent portal account in SchoolAdmin
2. Submit your online application form.
3. Upload the following documents through your online application checklist:
- Copies of grades and standardized test scores (ILEARN/NWEA) from the 6th and 7th grade
- Copy of immunization records
- Copy of birth certificate
- Two Recommendation Forms: Electronic Recommendation Form requests can be sent from SchoolAdmin once you have completed the application. At least one recommendation must be from a current 7th or 8th grade teacher in a core academic subject (English, Math, Science, or Social Sciences). The other can be submitted from another teacher, coach, club moderator, etc.
- HSPT Results
3. Take the High School Placement Test. Incoming freshmen have the opportunity to take the HSPT in the summer prior to or in the fall of their 8th grade year.
Your application will be complete when we have received your application form and all supporting documents.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Admissions team at 317-582-0120 x279 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Priority Placement for Incoming Students
Based on guidance from the diocese, students will be assigned a Priority Placement group number once we have received all required application documents prior to the December 15th deadline. Therefore, the Priority Placement Policy will be implemented on a rolling basis (by date) once application portfolios are complete. Application portfolios are considered complete when all supporting materials are submitted and the student has completed or registered for the High School Placement Test. Applications will continue to be accepted after December 15th on a first-come, first-serve basis until the class is full. Once the class is full, students may be placed on a waiting list.
|Group 1||Student who is a Guerin Catholic sibling, legacy, or the child of a Diocese of Lafayette employee.|
|Group 2||Student who is currently enrolled at a Catholic school within the Diocese of Lafayette.|
|Group 3||Student who is a member of a parish within the Diocese of Lafayette.|
|Group 4||Student who is Catholic and lives within the Diocese of Lafayette.|
|Group 5||Student who is non-Catholic and lives within the Diocese of Lafayette|
|Group 6||Student who is Catholic and lives outside of the Diocese of Lafayette.|
Acceptance letters will be mailed as follows:
- For the incoming freshmen class and transfer students applying by the annual December 15th deadline, letters are mailed in late January/early February.
- For incoming freshmen and transfer student applications received after the December 15th deadline, acceptance letters will be mailed as students are accepted on a rolling basis.
Once accepted, a non-refundable deposit is required to enroll, thereby securing their student’s spot in their class.