Academic Honors Diploma
For the Core 40 with Academic Honors Diploma, students must:
- Complete all of the course requirements for the Indiana Academic Honors Diploma.
- All students are required to take four years of a Math or Quantitative Reasoning Course.
- Pass the ISTEP+ Grade 10 Assessment in English/Language Arts and Mathematics (Class of 2020, 2021, 2022).
- Earn a grade of a “C” or better in courses that will count toward the diploma.
- Have a grade point average of a “B” (3.0 unweighted) or better.
- Complete a total of 120 service hours.
- Be in good behavioral standing and current with financial obligations.
In addition, students must complete one of the following:
- Earn 4 credits in IB courses and take corresponding exams.
- Earn a composite score of 1250 or higher on the SAT and a minimum of 560 on math and a 590 on evidence-based reading and writing section.
- Earn an ACT composite score of 26 or higher and complete written section.
- Earn 6 verifiable transcripted college credits in dual credit courses from approved dual credit list.
- Earn a minimum of 3 verifiable transcripted college credits from approved dual credit list and 2 credits in IB standard level courses with corresponding exam.
|Area||ACADEMIC HONORS diploma requirements|
Includes Literature, Composition & Speech
2 Credits: Algebra I (may be earned in 8th grade)
2 Credits: Geometry
2 Credits: Algebra II
2 Credits: Pre-Calculus or Probability & Statistics and Finite Math
2 Credits: Biology I
2 Credits: Chemistry I
2 Credits: Physics I
|Social Studies||6 Credits
1 Credit: US Government
1 Credit: Economics
2 Credits: US History
2 Credits: Modern World Civilization
|Directed Electives||See Below
Technology: Digital Applications & Responsibility
World Languages: 6-8 Credits
Fine Arts: 2 Credits