New Parent Orientation Packet (May 1, 2021)
Guerin Catholic High School welcomes applications from transfer students for the 2021-22 school year. Applicants will be offered acceptance based on availability in their class. Please note applications for students wishing to transfer to Guerin Catholic for their senior year will only be considered if a relocation to the area is involved.
Apply for the 2021-22 School Year
If you cannot attend a scheduled Admissions event, please contact Jill Folstrom at Jfolstrom@guerincatholic.org or at 317-582-0120 x318 to schedule a personalized tour or use the link below. Click here to schedule a personalized tour
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Guerin Catholic is an open enrollment school and nearly 15% of our students are non-Catholic.
Transfer admissions applications are received on a rolling basis.
Guerin Catholic's academic calendar is organized on a trimester schedule, with three 12-week terms in each school year.
Students may transfer into Guerin Catholic during the first (mid-August through mid November) or second (mid-November through end of February) trimesters. We do not accept transfers to our third trimester (March-June) unless the transfer is related to relocation. Students wishing to transfer into Guerin Catholic after March 1st will be advised to transfer the following academic year.
Transfer students will work with their Guerin Catholic school counselor to determine what classes and credits will transfer to Guerin Catholic.
Yes! Guerin Catholic will make every effort to assist families with a demonstrated financial need. Our goal is to meet 100% of the calculated financial need of our families. Understanding that each family situation is unique, Guerin Catholic uses an individualized approach for each family.
Guerin Catholic offers its own need-based tuition assistance program, participates in the State of Indiana Choice Scholarship Program and provides scholarship funding for eligible students through Scholarship Granting Organizations (SGOs).
If you have any questions about tuition payment or financial assistance, please contact: Andy Cowen, Tuition and Financial Aid Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuition for the 2020-21 school year is $14,900 (inclusive of technology and student activity fees).
Guerin Catholic does not have any scholarships specifically for transfer students. Guerin Catholic will make every effort to assist families with a demonstrated financial need through our Tuition Assistance Program.
Guerin Catholic High School is a 1:1 laptop school, and will provide guidelines to use when purchasing your Apple laptop. All students provide his or her own computers.
Use GC Gateway,
Guerin Catholic’s online system, to complete the online application form and upload the following documents as they become available:
- Copies of grades and standardized test scores from the previous two academic years
- Copy of your child’s immunization records
- Copy of birth certificate
- Two letters of recommendation. Electronic letters of recommendation requests can be sent from GC Gateway once you have completed the application. At least one (1) letter must be from a current teacher in a core academic subject (English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies or Theology). The other can be submitted from a coach, teacher, mentor or any non-family member who can speak to the applicant’s character.
- Sending School Recommendation form - This form will be provided to you by our Admissions Department and should be completed by your sending school's current school counselor or principal to communicate any discipline or attendance concerns.
Once your application and supporting documents have been submitted, all students applying to transfer to Guerin Catholic will be asked to participate in an interview with our principal Mr. James McNeany.
Please note the High School Placement Test requirement is not required for transfer students.