International Baccalaureate Program
The International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), founded in 1968 in Geneva, Switzerland, is a recognized leader in the field of international education. It is a non-profit, mission-driven foundation that, as of January 2013, works with 3,515 schools to develop and offer three challenging programs in 144 countries to approximately 1,075,000 students. While the IB programs cultivate internationalism and respect for other cultures, they also adapt to the local environment and allow students to maintain a strong sense of cultural identity. Students are taught to be active learners, well-rounded individuals and engaged citizens, who gain practical experience of being part of an international community.
The IBO aims to:
- Provide rigorous and broad-based curricula and assessments.
- Maintain high academic standards common to schools world wide.
- Allow students to develop individual talents.
- Foster critical and compassionate thinkers.
- Open the window of the classroom to the outside world.
- Foster a lifelong interest in learning as well as informed and responsible citizenship.
- Promote international understanding and respect for the variety of cultures.
- Facilitate university entrance around the world.
For More Information see our IB FAQ
|Area||IB diploma requirements|
Credits include Literature, Composition & Speech
2-4 Credits: Language SL or HL (IB)
2 Credits: Algebra I (may be earned in 8th grade)
2 Credits: Geometry
2 Credits: Algebra II
2 Credits: Pre-Calculus (H)
2 Credits: Mathematics SL (IB) or
5 Credits: Trig (H) and Mathematics HL (IB)
2 Credits: Biology I
2 Credits: Chemistry I
2 Credits: Physics I
3-4 Credits: Biology or Chemistry SL or HL (IB)
|Social Studies||6 Credits
1 Credit: US Government
1 Credit: Economics
2-4 Credits: History SL or HL (IB)
2 Credits: Theory of Knowledge (IB)
(One TOK counts for Theology 6 Credit)
|Directed Electives||See Below
Technology: Digital Applications & Responsibility
World Languages: 8 Credits including Spanish (IB), Latin (IB), French (IB)
Fine Arts or Electives: 2-4 Credits including Music SL (IB), Visual Arts SL (IB) or Visual Arts HL (IB), Business & Mgmt. SL (IB), Comp. Sci. SL (IB), Psychology SL (IB)
|Kinesiology (PE & Health)||3 Credits|
|Electives||1-3 Credits (during 9th & 10th Grade)|