Welcome to The Nest Class of 2025!
Dear Class of 2025 Parents,
Thank you for your understanding and flexibility with the cancellation of our welcome program on February 10th. While we certainly would have preferred to host this meeting in person, we hope that you will find the recorded Welcome and Scheduling Information Presentation, as well as many related links below helpful.
Guidance Department Welcome Guide
Please read! This guide will explain everything you need to know about scheduling your freshman for classes.
Summer school registration for Kinesiology 1 and Digital Applications & Responsibility is now open.
If you have not already received it, you should be receiving information soon to sign up for an individual scheduling appointment via Sign-Up Genius. The GC counselors will provide each family with a hard copy of the Welcome Guide and a binder at that meeting. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your child’s counselor if you have any questions. Counselor contact information is included below.
Mrs. Amy Klink (last names beginning with A-C):
Mrs. Bridget Ryan (last names beginning with D-I):
Mrs. Emily McAulay (last names beginning with J-P):
Mrs. Grace Pratt (last names beginning with Q-Z):
The GC School Counselors
2021-22 Sports Participation Requirements
All athletes playing a sport in 2021-22 must have all required paperwork complete prior to any type of participation:
All student athletes must turn in a completed 2021-22 IHSAA sports physical form.
The GC Sports Registration form will be available in April 2021. A completed GC Sports Registration is required for all student athletes. Parents must indicate all sports their child plans to participate in for 2021-22.
Please contact the Guerin Catholic Athletic Directors with questions or concerns:
Mr. Ryan Davis, Director of Athletics
Mr. Alfie Hernandez, Assistant Director of Athletics
Mrs. Debbie Stanisz, Associate Director of Athletics
Fall Sports for 2021-22
Coach Tom Dilley
Coach Alyssa Franzese
Coach Mark Mathews
Coach Chris McGrath
Coach Sean Yau
Coach Chris Sciaudone
Coach Hailey Brown
2021-22 Sports Physicals
Sports Physicals will be available at St. Francis. Look for information in April 2021!
Look for a sign-up for freshmen choir auditions for the 21-22 school year in May.
Guerin Catholic’s choir ensembles include
The Select Chorale of Guerin Catholic High School for sophomores-seniors
The Select All-Women’s Chorus of Guerin Catholic High School for freshmen-seniors
Sounds of Providence
The Select Vocal Chamber Ensemble of Guerin Catholic High School for sophomores-seniors
String Orchestra/Concert Band
Students interested in string orchestra or concert band as freshmen have the following options:
1. An open invitation to be in either group given interest and some experience in playing their instrument!
2. A fall trimester class – ‘strings lab’ and ‘concert band lab’ – taken during your first trimester at Guerin Catholic. This class gets you officially into the band/orchestra and also gives you the opportunity to get acclimated to the routine of band/orchestra rehearsals. Teachers provide a lot of individualized attention in these ‘labs’ and work on aspects of basic theory while they encourage and nuture musicality.
Look for information on a Fine Arts ice-cream social in August to learn more about Fine Arts opportunities at GC!
Summer School Options for Freshmen
Summer School courses will be offered for this upcoming summer of 2021 and will be available to Guerin Catholic High School students only. There are two summer school classes available to incoming freshmen:
Kinesiology 1 (1 credit) June 7 – June 25
Digital Applications & Responsibility (1 credit) June 7 – June 25
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the required summer school class hours set forth by the Indiana DOE, students will be permitted only one day’s absence during the entire session. More than one day’s absence will forfeit the credit.
The fee for summer school is $350, payable when you register for the class. The deadline for registration is Friday, May 7th or when the class reaches capacity. All registration fees are non-refundable.
The GCHS Department of Technology would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to all the incoming families of the Class of 2025. We are excited to meet in person, but, in the meantime, we want all families to know we are eagerly preparing for your arrival.
More specific information will be forthcoming after families finish the enrollment process, but we thought all families would appreciate the following information.
And as always, if you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact Mark Phillips, Director of Technology, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mac Laptops: A gentle reminder that Guerin Catholic is a one-to-one Apple laptop school, and each family is expected to procure one of the MacBook computers prescribed by the school’s “Student Computer Specification” guide. All families should feel more than welcome to email Mark Phillips, Director of Technology, at email@example.com if they would like assistance in deciding which model laptop would be best for their student.
- New Accounts To Be Distributed After Each Family Finishes The Enrollment Process: After submitting all enrollment documentation, new families will receive communication from the Technology Team with information regarding what types of online platforms are utilized by both students and parents. Furthermore, that communication will include easy to follow and interactive instructions that guide families on how to access those online platforms.
- Have more questions? We got you covered: All new families are more than welcome to connect with one of our Technology Team members whenever they have questions. You may email Mark Phillips, Director of Technology, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit an email directly to the GCHS Help Desk at email@example.com. Either avenue will connect you with a member of the team.
Mrs. Jen Mascari
Teaches: Kinesiology and Fitness and Recreation Years at GC: 8 Years teaching: 18 years Degrees: Bachelor of Science in Physical Education and minors in Health and Adaptive Physical Education
I teach at Guerin Catholic because:
. . . I love being a part of this amazing, faith filled community, and I wouldn’t want to teach anywhere else.
This year my husband, Tommy (who also teaches Kinesiology @ GC) and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. We have three children, two of whom are students here at Guerin Catholic…Kirsten (Junior), Paige (Freshman), and Tommy 3 (4th grader at St. Maria Goretti). I graduated from Ball State University and was fortunate enough to have a very successful field hockey career for the Cardinals – Chirp Chirp! I recently retired from roller derby where I skated for Circle City Derby for 3 seasons. I love sports, watching my kids play sports, watching movies, and going for walks with my husband. Oh, and I love our fur baby pug, Bugsy 🙂
Mrs. Mascari’s top 10 List on Advice to Incoming Freshmen
10. Get involved.
9. Don’t be afraid to challenge yourself.
8. Manage your time.
7. Yes, colleges look at freshman year.
6. Be aware that friend groups change.
5. Stay focused on yourself and on your goals.
4. Be kind to everyone.
3. Don’t stress too much, it will all be okay!
2. Let others help you, and be willing to help others.
1. Be open to growing in your faith and to letting God guide you along the way.
The Art Club at Guerin Catholic is committed to service in their high school, local and global communities by using their artistic skills. The club meets monthly and plans several events and activities, including blood drives, making murals throughout the school, hosting a booth at the annual Cancer Walk fundraiser, face painting before football games, making cards for the Little Sisters of the Poor, and doing make-up and creating backdrops for Fine Arts productions. They have also collected plastic bottle caps to make park benches and religious statues! The Art Club is open to all grades – freshmen through seniors – and is for anyone who wants to use art along with teamwork, creativity and leadership to be involved. The Art Club is moderated by Mrs. Beth Wagoner.
The Art Club is one of many before and after school opportunities here at Guerin Catholic. Click the link to see our other clubs. https://www.guerincatholic.org/on-campus/clubs